Hello, my name is Melvin Bridges, native of Chicago, born and raised on the Southside. I am a husband, father of two, a boy and girl, and friend to all. During the time I am not working I spend it with my family enjoying television, sporting events, museums and zoos. I am also on the advisor council for the Chicago Lawn Neighborhood Housing Services (NHS). NHS is a nonprofit organization established in 1975, NHS is committed to offering Chicago residents affordable resources so they can buy, fix, and keep their homes.
Since 1998 I have sent my working life as an advisor to people just like you on many things; news, mortgages, wireless services and now insurance. It is my goal to aid all that solicits my services to educate them on the benefits to them about all forms of insurance and how the insurance policies offer protection of their cars, homes, their lives and even their incomes. My goal is to educate people on how insurance can ease the financial burdens of the unexpected accidents and/or loss of a loved one.
I look forward to speaking to all of you and doing business with many of you!
Licensed in: Illinois since 1984
Education: MBA Lewis University, B.A. in Business Administration St. Xavier University
• Owner Jim Knawa Insurance Agency.
• Vice-President of an international insurance brokerage company.
• College Instructor of Management and Marketing, Chicago area Universities and Colleges since 1984.
• College Head Coach Women’s Soccer for 10 years.
• Insurance ethics instructor for the State of Illinois Department of Insurance Through Kaplan Financial Services.
• Make-A-Wish volunteer.
• PADS Homeless shelter volunteer.
• Involved in local Parish ministries and councils.
• Involved in volunteer coaching and administration for local community athletic organizations.
• Local school involvement as a teacher’s aide and substitute teacher.
Illinois State Insurance License ( Since 1986 )
Series 6 and Series 63 State and Federal Securities Licenses ( Since 1987 )
Illinois State Real Estate Broker License ( Since 1991 )
Education: MBA(Finance and Accounting), Loyola University Chicago Graduate School of Business
Insurance Agent and Finacial Consultant (Since 2009)
-Travelers Insurance Company
-Allstate Insurance Company
-American National Insurance Company
CEO of 63rd Realty Company (Since 1994)
CEO of Yin’s Wok Chinese Restaurant (Since 2003) and Hunan Inn Chinese Restaurant (5 Years)
CEO of Baskin-Robins Ice Cream Store’s franchise location(10 Years)